WSKC Forum

The forum for all WSKC topics and issues!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Reasoning for no double points??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
crgdriver46

PostSubject: Reasoning for no double points??   Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:51 am

I was just wondering why at the last minute the race was changed to a single points race. Come to find out if it would have stayed double points i would have won the Junior Superbox Championship. Does anybody really have any ideas why they did it without even consulting the people who payed to race. Personally I think if a race is advertised at something thats how it should be ran. How does everyone else see this?

Thanks (Dylan Bubb)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BiesseDriver16

PostSubject: Re: Reasoning for no double points??   Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:01 am

I agree with that. I understand the situation with the fires, and some people not able to make it out to the track, but if you advertise the race as something, you can't change it in such a manner. Maybe if the driver's voted on it, and it passed, that would have been a better situation, but it seems that the directors of the club had there minds made up when they got to the track. Especially when points are so tight at the end of the year, in a class like Junior Superbox where a championship can go a long way for the future of the driver, you can't end the season in that way. This is a really crappy situation for a driver like Dylan, who knew what he had to do, he went to the track, ran a solid race, and SHOULD HAVE went home with the championship, but with the sudden decision that went against what was advertised, it was taken, and that seems unfair.

Jameson Spies
www.JamesonSpies.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/JAMESON_ACTION
MadMax88

PostSubject: Re: Reasoning for no double points??   Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:34 am

I agree with Jameson and Dylan that it should have been double points as they said it would be, seeing as it was a filler race. Now it makes us one race short of a full season which is unfair to the people paying to race a full season it should have been double points and left up to the drivers to decide who gets the championship not the people running the show.

Max Feyerabend
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim Holden

PostSubject: Re: Reasoning for no double points??   Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:51 pm

Dylan first of all we made the best decision we could for the whole group with the information we had at the time. It is not easy to make these kinds of changes at the last minute but we felt it was the most fair for the whole group. We had several people calling in to let us know that they were trying to get there but cant. Second off I dont know how you did the points but it was wrong becuase no matter if it was a double points race or not you still ended up second. It just would have been a little closer but you still lost by seven points. If you or your dad would like to call me at my offfice I would be glad to explain this to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crgdriver46

PostSubject: Re: Reasoning for no double points??   Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:51 am

Tim, I obviously considered the double points differently, i expected it to be a doubling of the points earned in the race not the combined points of two separate races. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
(Dylan Bubb)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reasoning for no double points??   

Back to top Go down

Reasoning for no double points??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1